The Longs Peak
Our core values are why we’re the best at
what we do. Here’s a look at why you’re
going to want to choose Longs Peak.
Who we are.
Longs Peak is a purpose and values-driven company. It is our mission to make investment performance information more transparent and reliable—empowering investors to make better, more informed investment decisions.
At the onset, we were looking to help smaller investment managers by giving them access to professional performance experts and tools typically only available to very large firms. We know that our work enables emerging managers to compete with the big guys and helps facilitate their growth. We strive to be our clients’ most valued outsource partner and to be known for our exceptional client service. But we know that providing exceptional client service means that we must first create a culture that lives by the ideals we are trying to create for our clients. A place where incredibly talented individuals are empowered to put their best work into the hands of clients that truly value what we do. As a firm, we recognize that our greatest asset is people – both those we work with and those we work for. We continue to evolve into something that represents the needs of both of these groups and hope someday a GIPS Report is provided to every prospective investor in the world.
Sean P. Gilligan
CFA, CPA, CIPM – Managing Partner
Founder, firm visionary, and master of simplifying the complex. Sean has over 20 years of experience in the investment industry, with the last 15 years focused specifically on investment performance and GIPS compliance. From the front office to the back office, Sean has seen it all and has a deep understanding of how investment firms and asset owners operate. Sean is passionate about helping firms understand complex topics. With his unique ability to breakdown complicated topics into simple, digestible terms, Sean strives to make GIPS compliance easy enough for any firm in the world to comply.
CFA, CIPM - Partner
Co-founder, keeper of employee experience, and accountability guru. Jocelyn has 13 years of experience in the financial services industry. She is passionate about client service and project management and has worked with some of the world’s largest financial institutions. After serving as a Manager at Ernst & Young, Jocelyn switched gears to become a mother, but her heart could never fully leave her professional career behind. Helping start Longs Peak was one of the best decisions she has ever made as she loves leading the firm’s internal initiatives, challenging the executive team to meet and exceed goals, and helping develop our team of GIPS standards superstars.
CFA, CIPM – Partner
Trailblazer, champion of training, and master of all things GIPS. Matt joined Longs Peak in the fall of 2019 and has over 7 years of experience working specifically with the GIPS standards as a verifier and consultant. Having worked for the largest verification firm for 6 years, he has the experience necessary to help firms of all shapes and sizes implement the GIPS standards. Matt is a seasoned GIPS consultant and is exceptional at client service and leading teams. His ability to coach our team and lead our clients through their GIPS engagements is unparalleled.
CIPM – Manager
Project manager, client process specialist, and chairman of fun. Cameron joined Longs Peak in 2018 after graduating from the University of Colorado where he was an Evans Scholar and graduated with an Honors degree in Quantitative Economics. With a love for statistics and client engagement, Cameron is well suited to manage engagements of all kinds. Cameron is a catalyst of entertainment and ensures his fellow teammates find joy in what we do every day.
Positivity powerhouse, efficiency devotee, and sparkling conversationalist. Cally joined Longs Peak Advisory in 2021 after several years of serving as a household engineer (aka Mom) and following her spouse around the world. Landing here in Colorado, she realized that it would be a shame to let her organization skills benefit only one household, and consequently brought her talents to Longs Peak to manage office operations. Lending support to team members and assuring that the business back-office runs smoothly, Cally finds satisfaction in creating structure and harmony.
Performance specialist, master of productivity and co-chairman of fun. Kelley joined Longs Peak in 2021 from Orion Advisor Solutions (formerly Brinker Capital Investments) where she spent 6 years in account administration and investment performance. Kelley is a fast learner and a real dynamo when it comes to managing client engagements and working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Her experience at Brinker affords her the inside scoop in understanding our clients’ perspective, making her a well-rounded GIPS consultant. From snowmobiling to skydiving or the intricacies of a complex GIPS & Performance project, there is no obstacle that she cannot overcome.
Mathematician, data slayer, and provider of exceptional client service. Sara joined Longs Peak in the Spring of 2020 while finishing her degree in Financial Mathematics at Robert Morris University in Pennsylvania. Sara brings programming knowledge to Longs Peak and assists in making client processes and technology more efficient and effective. She is a natural project manager and quick learner, operating with excellence on all levels. Sara is a Level II candidate in the CFA program.
App guru, data wrangler, and team champion. Henry joined Longs Peak in 2022 with a BA in Economics from the University of Colorado and two years of experience in management from one of Longs Peak’s favorite local restaurants – where he learned the art of customer service. Though easy going and laid back, Henry finds satisfaction in completing data-heavy projects and is our champion of application shortcuts – making all our lives easier. Although not originally from Colorado, Henry works hard to play hard and enjoys everything that Colorado mountain life has to offer, especially in the winter.
Adept researcher, thorough analyst, and committed team member. Mila joined Longs Peak in October of 2022 after graduating with distinction from the University of California, Riverside with a Master’s in Finance. Mila holds a BS in Statistics and maintains a stellar track record of working with quantitative data. This has helped her hit the ground running with GIPS consulting and made her a force to be reckoned with. Along with a solid foundation in finance, she brings warmth and dedication to problem solving, and is a true team player. Mila is a Level I Candidate in the CFA program.
Numbers wiz, expeditious learner, and audio engineering enthusiast. James joined Longs Peak in December of 2022 after earning a BS in Business Administration with an emphasis in Finance and a minor in Mathematics from Portland State University. An ambitious learner, James is currently pursuing an MS in Finance from Auburn University while working full-time for Longs (he’s our very own version of Doogie Howser). James’ drive to learn combined with his aptitude for data analysis will help us accelerate growth while we continue providing excellent client service.
Director of Operations
Operations aficionado, effervescent team player, and data-driven creative. McKinley joined Longs Peak after 8+ combined years in education and online business. Former high school math teacher turned business operations extraordinaire, her desire to bring efficiency and efficacy to all areas of the business – operations, marketing, employee experience, and sales – makes her a powerhouse in our company. McKinley looks forward to supporting our client-facing team and creating scalable processes for Longs Peak’s future growth.
Eager number cruncher, detail master, and keen collaborator. Dhwani joined Longs Peak in June of 2023 after relocating to the US from India. She is currently pursuing her MS in Applied Quantitative Finance from the University of Denver. With 7 years’ experience in Finance, Internal Audit, and Insurance Risk Consulting, Dhwani brings a wide range of knowledge to our team, as well as an enthusiastic attitude. She enjoys working on dynamic client projects and using her free time to explore Colorado.
What we believe in.
Acting with Integrity
- We uphold the highest levels of integrity in the financial industry through our work, interactions with our colleagues and our clients
- We behave ethically and honestly and are not afraid to admit to mistakes
- We are transparent about our weaknesses and aren’t afraid to ask for help from our teammates
- We always do what’s right, even if it means risking looking bad or potentially losing business – the integrity of our work is paramount to what we do
- We treat others with respect and have zero tolerance for behavior that is offensive or undermines our values
Using Prudent Judgment
- We seek to make wise decisions (technical, business and people-related) even when the outcome is uncertain
- We think and act strategically, not just about our work, but also in our interactions with others
- We seek to identify and prioritize what must be done now vs. what can be done later
- We trust our team and empower our teammates to use their judgment in their work
- We value accuracy and completeness over speed – we do not need to answer all questions immediately if research is necessary to answer a question properly
- We are eager to learn and adapt quickly
Operating with Excellence
- We are dedicated to providing exceptional client service and are committed to making our clients’ lives easier through the work that we do for them
- We seek to avoid making mistakes that undermine the quality and integrity of our work
- We listen carefully, instead of reacting quickly
- We strive to continuously improve what we do so that mistakes can be eliminated or at least minimized
- We maintain our composure in stressful or upsetting situations
- We challenge the status quo when warranted and never stop searching for ways to improve our business, our clients’ business and to make everyone’s lives easier
Simplifying the Complex
- We make GIPS compliance attainable for any organization in the world
- We help minimize complexity and simplify what we do for our clients as well as what we do internally
- We believe in providing practical advice that simplifies complex topics and delivers them in plain language
- We continually build new and improved tools and processes to improve efficiency
- We are concise and articulate in verbal and written communication with clients and team members
Being One Team
- We make time to help our colleagues and share information and knowledge openly and proactively
- We demonstrate our values to our colleagues and are committed to being someone that can be relied on
- We treat people with respect, regardless of who they are or whether our opinions differ
- We empower each other through trusted collaboration
- We accomplish amazing amounts of meaningful work
- We take calculated risks and operate with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- We question actions that are inconsistent with our values
- We strive to learn new things outside of our comfort zone
Living Your Best Life
- We take time to take care of our physical and mental health
- We manage stress by finding an appropriate work/life balance
- We take full advantage of our paid-time-off and wellness benefits
- We support each other to meet personal goals
- We find ways to have fun at work
- We celebrate wins and learn from losses
Interested in joining our team?
We’ve got the information you need.
There’s reason to be excited!
With our help, things are going to be a whole lot easier for you.
Talk to one of our GIPS consultants or performance experts today and let’s get started.