The Longs Peak
Our core values are why we’re the best at
what we do. Here’s a look at why you’re
going to want to choose Longs Peak.
Who we are.
Longs Peak Advisory Services, LLC (“Longs Peak”) was established to provide the investment management community with guidance, education, and support relating to GIPS compliance and investment performance. While a Partner at a large GIPS verification firm, our founder, Sean Gilligan, recognized that many of his clients lacked the resources necessary to become GIPS compliant and get through their GIPS verification in a timely manner.
With his entrepreneurial spirit and determination to help these firms, Sean started Longs Peak. Sean and his team have extensive experience helping firms navigate the GIPS standards and calculate investment performance. Having worked with hundreds of firms of varying sizes across North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia, Longs Peak’s consultants understand the unique needs and challenges firms face and are available to share this knowledge and experience with your firm.
Sean P. Gilligan
CFA, CPA, CIPM – Managing Partner
Founder, firm visionary, and master of simplifying the complex. Sean has over 20 years of experience in the investment industry, with the last 15 years focused specifically on investment performance and GIPS compliance. From the front office to the back office, Sean has seen it all and has a deep understanding of how investment firms and asset owners operate. Sean is passionate about helping firms understand complex topics. With his unique ability to breakdown complicated topics into simple, digestible terms, Sean strives to make GIPS compliance easy enough for any firm in the world to comply.
CFA, CIPM - Partner
Co-founder, keeper of employee experience, and accountability guru. Jocelyn has 13 years of experience in the financial services industry. She is passionate about client service and project management and has worked with some of the world’s largest financial institutions. After serving as a Manager at Ernst & Young, Jocelyn switched gears to become a mother, but her heart could never fully leave her professional career behind. Helping start Longs Peak was one of the best decisions she has ever made as she loves leading the firm’s internal initiatives, challenging the executive team to meet and exceed goals, and helping develop our team of GIPS standards superstars.
CFA – Senior Manager
Trailblazer, champion of training, and master of all things GIPS. Matt joined Longs Peak in the fall of 2019 and has over 7 years of experience working specifically with the GIPS standards as a verifier and consultant. Having worked for the largest verification firm for 6 years, he has the experience necessary to help firms of all shapes and sizes implement the GIPS standards. Matt is a seasoned GIPS consultant and is exceptional at client service and leading teams. His ability to coach our team and lead our clients through their GIPS engagements is unparalleled.
Project manager, client process specialist, and chairman of fun. Cameron joined Longs Peak in 2018 after graduating from the University of Colorado where he was an Evans Scholar and graduated with an Honors degree in Quantitative Economics. With a love for statistics and client engagement, Cameron is well suited to manage engagements of all kinds. Cameron is a catalyst of entertainment and ensures his fellow teammates find joy in what we do every day. Cameron is a Level II candidate for the CIPM and could have proven his worthiness had the coronavirus not canceled his exam.
Excel wizard, finance enthusiast, and prodigy of tranquility. Brendan joined Longs Peak in 2019 after graduating with distinction from the University of Colorado with a BS in Business Administration and an emphasis in Finance. Brendan embodies our core value “Be One Team” and does whatever it takes to get the job done. A true Coloradan, Brendan works hard to play hard and is eager to help his clients simplify the monthly burdens of maintaining their GIPS compliance.
What we believe in.
Acting with Integrity
- We uphold the highest levels of integrity in the financial industry through our work, interactions with our colleagues and our clients
- We behave ethically and honestly and are not afraid to admit to mistakes
- We are transparent about our weaknesses and aren’t afraid to ask for help from our teammates
- We always do what’s right, even if it means risking looking bad or potentially losing business – the integrity of our work is paramount to what we do
- We treat others with respect and have zero tolerance for behavior that is offensive or undermines our values
Using Prudent Judgment
- We seek to make wise decisions (technical, business and people-related) even when the outcome is uncertain
- We think and act strategically, not just about our work, but also in our interactions with others
- We seek to identify and prioritize what must be done now vs. what can be done later
- We trust our team and empower our teammates to use their judgment in their work
- We value accuracy and completeness over speed – we do not need to answer all questions immediately if research is necessary to answer a question properly
- We are eager to learn and adapt quickly
Operating with Excellence
- We are dedicated to providing exceptional client service and are committed to making our clients’ lives easier through the work that we do for them
- We seek to avoid making mistakes that undermine the quality and integrity of our work
- We listen carefully, instead of reacting quickly
- We strive to continuously improve what we do so that mistakes can be eliminated or at least minimized
- We maintain our composure in stressful or upsetting situations
- We challenge the status quo when warranted and never stop searching for ways to improve our business, our clients’ business and to make everyone’s lives easier
Simplifying the Complex
- We make GIPS compliance attainable for any organization in the world
- We help minimize complexity and simplify what we do for our clients as well as what we do internally
- We believe in providing practical advice that simplifies complex topics and delivers them in plain language
- We continually build new and improved tools and processes to improve efficiency
- We are concise and articulate in verbal and written communication with clients and team members
Being One Team
- We make time to help our colleagues and share information and knowledge openly and proactively
- We demonstrate our values to our colleagues and are committed to being someone that can be relied on
- We treat people with respect, regardless of who they are or whether our opinions differ
- We empower each other through trusted collaboration
- We accomplish amazing amounts of meaningful work
- We take calculated risks and operate with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- We question actions that are inconsistent with our values
- We strive to learn new things outside of our comfort zone
Living Your Best Life
- We take time to take care of our physical and mental health
- We manage stress by finding an appropriate work/life balance
- We take full advantage of our paid-time-off and wellness benefits
- We support each other to meet personal goals
- We find ways to have fun at work
- We celebrate wins and learn from losses
Interested in joining our team?
We’ve got the information you need.
There’s reason to be excited!
With our help, things are going to be a whole lot easier for you.
Talk to one of our GIPS consultants or performance experts today and let’s get started.